Receive up to $25,000 in Seed Funding for Peer Support Programs
Click Here to Apply
Washington State Health Care Authority and Northwest Credible Messenger are distributing seed funding to maintain and increase resources for peer support programs in WA state. The goal is enhancement of peer workforce in behavioral health settings with a specific focus on black, indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) communities. This application is for agencies/organizations who want to take part in fulfilling this goal.
Washington State Health Care Authority Peer Development Seed Fund Eligibility Criteria
- Priority will be given to new and emerging black, indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) lead organizations. Second priority will be granted to ally organizations with demonstrated work to empower BIPOC peers and communities.
- Experience is not necessary but a laser focus on building a BIPOC Peer program is.
- Seed funding applications will allow an organization to apply for up to $25,000 worth of funding. The Washington State Health Care Authority will give priority to organizations that can demonstrate impact in one of the following focus areas:
- Capacity Building – Providing solutions to gaps in peer-based services and improving the provision of culturally responsive BIPOC behavioral health services, resources, and support in our communities statewide.
- Professional Development – Expanding the training and development of BIPOC Peers.
- Community Connections – Events and effective engagement focused on recruitment with an emphasis on new and emerging BIPOC Peer groups.
- Only WA state organizations will be considered for funding.
Funds are limited: HCA reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications for consideration once funds are no longer available. No more than one application may be submitted per organization.